Monday, January 23, 2012

I've been busy...

  With the help of my family, we threw a Baby Shower for my sis-in-law. It was so much fun to host it at my house!

It was in the afternoon so we served bite sized foods. I made Chicken Salad sandwiches, Pimento Cheese sandwiches, and Cake Pops. I ordered a Fruit and Veggie Tray from Publix. We also served Champagne punch, Champagne-free punch, soda, and water.


Cake Pops



Pom Pom Decorations (pop pop haha)


Punch table

Coat/Purse basket


Gift Table (pre-gifts)

I set the chairs out to direct the guests into the living room

Oh, what's that you ask? Did I make the cake pops? Why yes, I did! And since you asked, here's how!


STEP 1: Bake a cake. I made one White cake and one Devils Food. Let cakes cool overnight


STEP 2: Crumble up cake, put back in mixer. Then, roll a spoonful into a ball. Place balls in fridge for 30 minutes. Then stick a candy stick in the balls, place back in fridge for 30 minutes.

STEP 3: While balls are chilling in the fridge, melt chocolate. I used White Chocolate Candy Melts from Michaels and a Double Boiler to melt it.









STEP 4: Place pops in this nifty holder from Michaels

STEP 5: place in fridge overnight, then decorate!






I thought you'd never ask! Here's how I made the pom pom decorations...

STEP 1: Place 8-10 sheets of tissue paper together. Fold into a Fan Fold



STEP 2: Wrap flower wire around center


STEP 3: Trim edges into a round shape

STEP 4: Pull apart one layer at a time



That's All!


No, wait! I have to show you one more thing...

Totally unrelated. I added some old curtains I used in college to my laundry "area".

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You have a blog AND a new baby joining the family?!?! Alix never tells me anything anymore...wah! Congrats! Love your house too!!

    Mckenzi

    ReplyDelete